You are such a beautiful, spirited, affectionate, fun little girl. You love to be outside playing in the garden or at the park. You run at full speed and fall down all the time, and you're learning to just pick yourself up and keep going. You're becoming more competent and independent all the time. It's really a thrill to watch you figure things out.

Lately we have been marveling at what a big girl you are becoming. You talk mostly in sentences, in a very conversational style. For instance, recently you told me, "I'm sleepy. I had a long day at the park today." You funny girl. You also use the potty somewhat regularly, and you help clean up and get ready for bed. Yesterday you actually brushed your teeth (as opposed to chewing on your toothbrush), filled your cup under the faucet, drank from it, and dumped the rest out. I nearly fell over.
We've been reading and talking a lot about being a big sister and bringing home baby brother, and you are really excited. Your new favorite books are the Hello Baby and Big Sister books, and you know all the safe toys for baby brother. You helped me sort through a box of infant toys for baby brother, and you only kept a few for yourself!
This will probably change in the next few months, but for now you share readily. I don't know why, but you've never gotten super possessive about your toys (or any other toys you happen to be playing with). You're usually pretty open to the suggestion of someone else having a turn, and you seem to enjoy watching your friends have fun with toys, too.
You are still an almost perpetually cheerful little girl. You don't like to get up in the morning -- you prefer to have us come keep you company while you wallow around in your crib for a little while. You like to ease into your day, and so do I. You often greet us with a sleepy but enthusiastic, "Can we read books?" This simple question is music to my ears.
Big changes are coming for us, my sweet little Jane. You already love your baby brother so much, and you will be a wonderful big sister. And I know that will make Daddy and I love you even more than we do now, if you can imagine that.
Love,
Mommy
1 comment:
What a great update! Jane is getting to be a big girl and she is such a joy. She will be a wonderful Big Sister. I can't wait to see you all on Wednesday.
Much Love,
Aunt Corrie
Post a Comment