Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Baby has healthy body image


Today, I made my second visit to the pediatrician in 4 days of life. Apparently, my parents found some issue with my belly button, and needed it checked out. Of course, there was no issue except for the persistent neurosis of my co-payment happy mom and dad. Freaks.




On the upside, I got to go on the freezing doctors scale again and I gained an ounce since my first visit, and my dorky mother slapped high five with the doc. Very embarrassing.




I was unimpressed. I'm perfectly happy to be gaining weight. So you guys can rule out anorexia for your next excuse to haul me into a doctor's office for no reason, which apparently will occur at the rate of one day out of every two. Whatever.




(editors' note: Jane was born at 8 lbs 1 ounce, and weighed 7 lbs 5 ounces upon her first doctor's visit, which was well within the normal range. She is now at 7 lbs 6, and on the upswing, which is also good. Janie's belly button is indeed fine, however she has had the hiccups several times today and we're looking for an appointment.)

9 comments:

Sara said...

Welcome Janie! And thank your parents for keeping the updates rolling. Your adoring public appreciates it. Way to go with the weight gain, and tell your parents the hiccups bother them far more than they bother you.

Anonymous said...

We agree with Sara. Calder gets hiccups about 40 times a week. It doesn't seem to phase him. Warning, however, don't look at a naked baby while it hiccups. It's a scary sight seeing his entire chest go all concave.

Alice said...

Domingo had the world's biggest outie until he was a few months old (officially called an umbilical hernia) but it turned out to be totally fine. Janie is gorgeous! and chubbing up nicely.

Anonymous said...

Um, I think reading about hiccups just gave them to Sam. And he's actually not a fan, unfortunately.

Anonymous said...

I only charge beer.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful, beautiful baby Jane. Uncle Tom says I love you a bunch already and I’m sure that will grow every day. Mom and Dad did such a good job and I know you’ll love to have them as your very own. As soon as I can come to see you , I'll bring a football and a fishing pole for you. Don’t tell Mom and Dad. We’re going to have some fun. Now I know that the hospital and the birthing really wore Mom and Dad out. So I think that you should have them bring you down to me to take care of for a few weeks/months or more. Or if they would rather I could just come and get you just call me. God Bless and keep you all.


Hello beautiful Janie. Your Grandma Jan would say that a little larger feet are wonderful because they get you around quite nicely. She also said that was how much God turned under to make you the right size. I’m sure that is true of you. I cant wait to see you and maybe even to hold you and cuddle you a little bit. You are so blessed to have your Mom and Dad because they are such wonderful people who love each other and will always love you. May God bless you and your family. Love and kisses, Great Aunt Nancy

stevebaker said...

grandpa Steve says she has pretty feet.

Aunt Sarah said...

Baby Jane, you are impressive in so many ways! You are cute, fun, secure with your weight gain, and incredibly intuitive...
Mom is pretty dorky ;)
Love you and miss you terribly,
Aunt Sarah

Anonymous said...

Hi Janie,
Please tell your parents that hiccups bother them more than they bother you. Of course, they can make yet another trip and another co-payment to your increasingly-wealthy pediatrician to get the same information.
You look great, girl. Keep it up.
Love, Auntie Em