
Yesterday, I was given my first bath. I say "given," because I did not, by any means "take" it. I did not take it lying down. I did not take it sitting still. I did not take it at all. I'm learning that some things in life you willfully take, like milk, and some you are given, like baths and the size of your feet.
Needless to say, such a gift did not go without comment from your author. Right after Daddy asked Mommy, "do you think maybe we should put her in a diaper," and Mommy responded, "oh, no, she's been so upset, let's give her a moment," I deposited an editorial comment of my own all over the oh-so-cute yellow receiving towel with monogrammed ducks and teddy bears that Mommy was so enamored with.
Don't mess with the bull, Mom and Dad, you'll get the horns.

3 comments:
You tell 'em Janie! I trust that you will have Mommy and Daddy trained in no time. Just remember that they do love you lots. Don't be too hard on them. I will see you very soon.
Hugs and Kisses!
Haha! Janie, I wouldn't take the bath either. I love the look you are giving your parents all wrapped in that yellow duck blanket!
Hilarious. That is exactly, to the letter, what baths are like with perfect little Calder.
Post a Comment