Friday, October 23, 2009

Thirteen Months Old!

That's a bit of a stretch, I know. You'll be 14 months old next week! But who's counting?

It has been an awesome (and very busy) month or two, my darling. You are still going to see Katie and Logan and Brody the dog twice a week while I go to work, and you have so much fun with them. Whenever we drive somewhere in the morning, you shout out their names all excited because you think we're going there. I'm just so happy you're happy there, because I really like my job, too.


You are talking a mile a minute these days. We have given up on keeping track of all the words you can say... there are just so many, and you learn new ones every day. You're a great mimic, and once we tell you what something is called, you usually remember. The other day, you were crawling around the kitchen while I was cooking. You pulled up to hug my legs and said "love you, love you, love you." It was so thrilling, and I will always remember that moment.


You are getting sooooo close to walking. You push everything around as if it's your personal walker. Your good friend Polly was kind enough to loan you her alligator walker and now you "go, go, go" all over the house. You can stand independently for several seconds at a time, and today you took your first tentative step toward me before falling down. That's right, people, Jane's first step! It happened in music class, and you were quite pleased with yourself. It was so exciting!


I am enjoying my days with you now more than ever. You are just so much fun! Your daddy recently pointed out that since you're one, we only get to do this seventeen more times. I'm sure we'll look back at that and laugh in twelve years or so, but when he said that I was so sad. Life with you is a procession of ordinary delights (borrowing from a Jean Thompson short story here) that never seem ordinary to me, and I can't imagine anything else.


Love,
Mommy

No comments: