Having finally mastered crawling around 10 months, you're getting around readily these days. Your explorations are getting more ambitious, and you're starting to pull up on things. Today, you figured out how to pull out your bottom dresser drawer, and then you tried to pull up on it. So that's why people buy those baby-safe dressers!
You love to be free to roam the floor, crawling around until you find something of interest, and sitting down for a serious examination of all its properties. You want to know what everything is called -- you're a great mimic, and you're picking up new words like crazy. Today, you used the words "car" and "flower" for the first time, and you demanded "bubble" in your bath (which I happily obliged). You're really into new textures and sensations at the moment, so we've been finger painting, playing in the sand, digging in the garden, whirling silk scarves, pouring cornmeal... you take your 'work' very seriously.
You are taking life by storm these days. I can't put you down on your back for a second before you're off and running again, probably looking over your shoulder to make sure I'm chasing you. It is just so much fun!
Love,
Mommy
1 comment:
World's greatest desktop photo--child peeking through big blue hole. Janie, you're such a cutie! :) I'm so glad we've gotten to see so much of you this summer... Can't wait to see you again in Vermont!
Love you!
Aunt Sarah
Post a Comment