Monday, February 9, 2009

25 Random Things About Me


Due to the recent popularity of the Facebook 25 Things phenomenon, I decided to write my own list.

1. I was born in water.

2. I was named after my paternal grandmother and maternal great-grandmother.

3. It appears I'll have my Daddy's (blue) eyes.

4. I wear cloth diapers. My parents think this is the best thing ever and would love to tell you how easy it is.

5. I love music. My favorite song is Baby Beluga.

6. Mommy and Baby yoga does not bring me inner peace.

7. I'm not allowed to watch TV. Except for Obama-related events and Illini basketball.

8. I am too long for most of my clothes. We had to get extenders for my onesies.

9. I get all my beer (and most of my clothes) secondhand.

10. There are about 20 kids under age 10 living on my block. About 5 of them were born in 2008.

11. I was born in super-hero stance, with one arm up by my head.

12. My bedroom is yellow!

13. I sleep an average of 13.6 hours per day. And yes, there's a spreadsheet.

14. I have a dog named Mayday. I am surprisingly unphased by her dog breath.

15. I can turn from my front to back, but not from back to front.

16. My feet were huge when I was born, but not anymore.

17. I do some of my best work when naked.

18. I am obsessed with the owl print in my room, and newly, the colorful paper lanterns hanging from the ceiling. I just can't sleep if I don't wish them goodnight.

19. I eat for about an hour before I go to sleep, which usually helps me sleep through the night.

20. I suck my thumb. Actually, both of them.

21. I love plants. I wish Mommy was better at keeping them alive.

22. I like my Daddy's watch, and yanking on my Mommy's new bangs.

23. All of my vehicles are red... the stroller, the Volvo, and of course my Radio Flyer wagon.

24. I was born in the same town as some guy named Ernest Hemmingway.

25. I am starting to figure out how to get a leg up under myself. Watch out world!




Tagged in this entry: Polly, Sam, Calder, Domingo, and Amalia.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janie, you are just fascinating and what a cute picture. You are enjoying tummy time now. That's good.

I love you lots!
Aunt Corrie

Aunt Sarah said...

Janie, you're getting so much hair!

Sara said...

re: #5, Jane, my apologies. Elsewhere on the internet, I may have recently suggested Raffi is uncool. Let me say I don't think I've ever actually heard "Baby Beluga" or any other Raffi songs. I do not know anything about his (?) coolness. The original point was that babies (including my own) are not cool, which is just as it should be. Though if I also insulted Billy Joel in passing, well, I stand by that.

Anonymous said...

#4: I'm so happy they are working for you little dearie. Wish we could say the same...

#22: I wanna see pics of Moma's new bangs!

#23: We'll have to teach you our song, 'Bouncin' Up and Down in my Little Red Wagon!'

Ps. Calder's "25 Random Things" are on their way Sweet Jane.

Jane said...

Thanks for all the comments, folks!

Aunt Corrie - thanks! Tummy time is getting better, but of course now I want to sit. I miss you!

Aunt Sarah - yep, I should've added it looks like I'm going to have Mommy's hair.

Sara - no offense taken. Though Raffi is definitely *very* cool, in my opinion. Billy Joel, not so much.

Brooke - can't wait for Calder's 25 things. I'm sure it will be fascinating. I will try to convince Mommy to allow her new 'do to be photographed...